Are you looking to experience the beauty of Paris, the City of Love, without breaking the bank? Look no further! With a little bit of planning and the right guidance, you can explore the romantic charm of Paris while staying within your budget. To help you on your journey, we recommend Framey, an app for travelers that allows you to post your vacation photos and be inspired by the trips of your friends.
So let’s get started on this travel guide to visiting Paris on a budget!
✅ Make sure you’ll see the entire collection in Framey App, including addresses, opening hours, and contact information!
Things to See and Do – Paris on a Budget
Paris is an incredible city with iconic landmarks and attractions, many of which you can experience on a budget. From the iconic Eiffel Tower to centuries-old cathedrals and art galleries, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of the best things to see and do while in Paris:
- Visit the Eiffel Tower: Visiting the tower is one of the must-do activities when visiting Paris. From the top of the iconic monument, you can take in beautiful views of the city skyline. If you don’t want to pay the hefty fee to go to the top, you can still get amazing views of the tower from ground level.
- Tour the Louvre Museum: One of the world’s most famous art galleries, the Louvre Museum houses some of the greatest works of art in the world. You can take a self-guided tour or book a guided tour for a more in-depth experience.
- Tour Montmartre: Take a walking tour of Montmartre, one of Paris’ oldest districts. This picturesque neighborhood is home to cobbled streets, quaint cafes, and many art galleries. Don’t forget to check out Sacré-Coeur, one of Paris’ most recognizable landmarks.
- Take a Seine River Cruise: Cruising along the River Seine is one of the best ways to experience Paris. Whether you take a hop-on-hop-off boat ride or a guided cruise, you will get an up close and personal view of some of Paris’ most famous monuments and attractions.
- Wander around Jardin du Luxembourg: Explore the stunning gardens at Jardin du Luxembourg and relax amongst the lush greenery and flower beds. You can also take a boat ride in the garden’s pond and enjoy a picnic in the park.
No matter what your budget is, there is something to do for everyone in Paris!
When budgeting for a trip to Paris, it is important to consider the typical costs associated with travel. Accommodation in the city will be the most expensive part of your trip, with prices ranging from €50-€250 per night, depending on the quality and location of your stay. Food can also be expensive, but there are many budget-friendly options available in Paris. For example, you can find set menus at many restaurants for around €15-€25. In terms of transportation, a single metro ticket costs €1.90 and a day pass is €7.50.
Overall, it is possible to visit Paris on a budget if you’re smart about where you stay and how you get around. With some careful planning, you can enjoy all the city has to offer without breaking the bank.
Cheap Places To Stay In Paris – Paris on a Budget
When it comes to finding cheap places to stay in Paris, you are spoilt for choice! There is something to suit all budgets, from hostels to hotels and Airbnb.
If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, then look no further than MOB HOUSE, located at 70 Rue des Rosiers, 93400 Saint-Ouen-sur-Seine. This small hotel is ideal for budget travelers and offers great value for money.
The People – Paris Belleville, located at 59 Bd de Belleville, 75011 Paris, is another great option for budget travelers. The hotel offers a range of rooms from basic dorms to private rooms, perfect for couples.
Hôtel Restaurant Campanile Nogent-sur-Marne is located at 13 Quai du Port, 94130 Nogent-sur-Marne, and is ideal for those wanting a slightly more luxurious stay without breaking the bank. They offer rooms with comfortable furnishings, modern amenities, and an onsite restaurant serving delicious meals.
Lastly, Hôtel Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle is at 3 All. du Verger, 95700 Roissy-en-France, is perfect for travelers who want a bit of luxury without the hefty price tag. They offer spacious and contemporary rooms complete with Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and minibars.
No matter what your budget is, there are plenty of cheap places to stay in Paris to suit your needs!
Paris: How to Get Around
This is an incredibly easy city to get around, with plenty of options to choose from. For visitors on a budget, the best way to get around the city is by using the public transportation system. The most popular option is the Metro, which is fast, efficient, and incredibly affordable. Other options include taking a bus or tram, as well as renting a bike or scooter.
The Metro is one of the most convenient ways to get around Paris. It is fast, affordable, and will take you just about anywhere you need to go in the city. Tickets can be bought at any Metro station for single trips, daily passes, and multiple-day passes.
Buses and Trams:
If you prefer not to use the Metro, buses, and trams are another great option. They are slower but can be more scenic than the Metro, making them ideal for sightseeing. Tickets can be purchased from any Metro station and cost around 1€ per ride.
Renting a Bike or Scooter:
If you’re looking for a fun and active way to explore the city, renting a bike or scooter is a great option. You can find bike rental shops all over the city and it’s relatively cheap to rent one for the day. Alternatively, electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular in Paris and they make getting around much faster and easier.
Overall, there are plenty of ways to get around Paris on a budget. Whether you choose the Metro, buses, trams, bikes, or scooters, you’ll find that navigating your way around this amazing city is an enjoyable experience.
When to Go to Paris – Paris on a Budget
Paris is a beautiful city any time of year, but the best time for budget travelers is during the off-season. The off-season in Paris runs from October to March when the weather is cooler and fewer people visit. This is usually when you can find lower rates on airfare, hotels, and attractions.
If you plan to travel during the summer months, it’s best to book your flights and accommodation well in advance to get the best deals. You should also avoid booking trips during major holidays like Easter, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve as prices are usually higher during these times.
If you plan to visit Paris during the spring or autumn, keep in mind that some tourist attractions may have reduced hours during this time. Also, if you plan to visit in April, make sure to check out the Paris Marathon event taking place that month.
No matter when you decide to visit Paris, make sure to research ahead of time to get the best deals and make the most of your trip!
How to Stay Safe in Paris
The City of Love is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and with that comes some risks. To stay safe while visiting Paris, there are a few simple rules to follow.
- Avoid displaying expensive items or keeping your wallet in your back pocket. Pickpockets are common in Paris, so it’s best to keep your valuables in a front pocket or bag that can be securely closed.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially when walking alone at night. Avoid walking down dark alleyways and stay on busy streets where there are plenty of people around.
- When taking public transportation, make sure you are aware of where you are going. If you feel unsafe, you can get off at any station and find a different route to get where you need to go.
- Use common sense and be careful when sharing personal information with strangers. Paris is a friendly city, but it’s always best to be cautious when talking to those you don’t know.
- Monitor your alcohol consumption, as it can increase your risk of being taken advantage of in unfamiliar places.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable trip to Paris!
Tips for budget travel in Paris
- Consider staying in a hostel or AirBnB: Staying in a hostel or an AirBnB is a great way to save money in Paris. Hostels are much cheaper than hotels and provide a great opportunity to meet new people and make friends. AirBnBs also offer great value for money, often giving you access to a full kitchen and home comforts.
- Check out discounted tickets: Many attractions, museums, and activities in Paris offer discounted tickets if you book online or in advance. Also, some attractions may offer discounts if you’re a student or senior citizen, so it’s always worth checking these before you pay full price.
- Visit free attractions: Some of the best attractions in Paris are free! The Eiffel Tower is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city and can be seen for free from many locations around the city. You can also visit many parks and squares for free, including the famous Tuileries Garden and Luxembourg Garden.
- Take advantage of special offers: Many restaurants and cafes offer special offers and discounts on certain days of the week, so it’s worth checking out what’s available before you eat. Similarly, many of the stores have sales throughout the year, so it pays to do your research before you buy anything.
- Walk around the city: Walking is the best way to explore Paris and it’s free! Taking the time to wander around the streets of Paris is a great way to discover hidden gems that you may not have found otherwise. Plus, you get to experience the beauty of Paris up close.
- Use public transport: Public transport in Paris is affordable and efficient, so it pays to take advantage of it while visiting the city. The Metro system is extensive and covers most of the city, while buses run along major roads and boulevards.
Check out Framey!
Traveling to Paris on a budget is doable! There are many affordable ways to enjoy the City of Love without breaking the bank. From cheap places to stay, budget-friendly things to do, and different modes of transportation, there are plenty of options available for budget travelers.
To make the most out of your trip to Paris, consider downloading Framey App. With Framey, you can easily document your travels with photos and share them with your friends. You can also discover inspiring trips of friends, family, and other travelers who have been to Paris. Framey is a great way to preserve memories and inspire others with your own travel stories.
So, download the app today and start trekking through Paris on a budget!